|Boral Timber has been developing and producing wood products for well over a century. Boral Timber has become one of the largest suppliers of certified hardwood and softwood in Australia with a wide product range including flooring, structural timber, decking, furniture timber, decorative and cladding. Boral Timber’s products are used for structural, commercial and renovation markets and are distributed across domestic and export markets.|
Boral Solid Timber
Note: The availability of some species is state specific and not all species are available in all sizes and grades. Some additional species may be available on request.
Features & Benefits
- Boral 19mm solid strip flooring is available in a wide variety of Australian hardwood species with a range of Janka (hardness) ratings. Some species are subject to state availability.
- The profile consistency across the entire 19mm solid strip flooring range provides mixed board width design options and multi-directional board laying.
- The tongue and groove design includes a structural secret nail pocket designed to seat boards better.
- Blackbutt and Spotted Gum have a natural fire resistance. Their fire retarding properties, make them suitable for use in many bushfire prone areas under Australian Standard AS3959.
- Boral 19mm solid strip flooring can handle foot traffic as soon as it is laid, allowing for other trades on the job before a final sanding and application of the finish.
- Solid hardwood floors are excellent for asthmatics as they do not harbour dust mites or other allergens.
- A timber sub-floor gives easy access to the underfloor for plumbing or ducted heating, or to repair wiring.
- Timber is one of the world’s few truly renewable resources.
- Building a sustainable future – Boral Timber hardwoods have full Chain of Custody certification aligned with the Australian Forestry Standard (AFS).
- Nailed to battens over concrete slab.
- Nailed to timber joists over bearers.
- Nailed to plywood over concrete or timber joists.
- Nailed to old timber strip flooring over joists.
Boral solid strip flooring has the structural strength to be installed directly onto joists, battens or underply over concrete using secret or top nailing methods.
Boral Timber has produced an installation procedure for secret fixing wide boards, board widths of up to 130mm can be secret nailed into the tongue for a smooth and clean finish. See the Product Installation Guide for further details.
Boral Timber recommends that an experienced professional timber flooring contractor handles the installation as well as the sanding and finishing of a new hardwood timber floor. Ask a local timber flooring retailer for a recommended contractor.
Timber flooring is not recommended for bathrooms, laundries or other wet areas.
For further information on installation see the Boral Timber’s Product Installation Guide.
Underlays provide floor levelling, cushioning and acoustic properties. Boral Timber Flooring has a variety of quality underlays, such as Boral RV-4 Acoustic Underlay that can be installed with a solid timber floor to provide a range of quality flooring solutions. See the Boral Underlay brochure for more information.
Boral 19mm solid strip flooring is available in three grades. Boral Timber Flooring meets Australian Standards and uses the aesthetic Boral Timber grading system. Grading is distinguished by selective gum veins, spirals, burls, insect trails and other natural features that give timber floors a unique character, as individual as a signature. Boral Timber Flooring is not graded for colour variation or grain patterns as they form part of the natural beauty of timber flooring.
Note: Not all sizes are available in all grades.
|Classic Grade is a subtle feature grade of timber flooring that provides a limited level of natural features. The lower levels of natural feature present the floor with a uniform look that is best suited to modern, minimalist styles.|
|Standard & Better Grade is carefully graded to include the most interesting and moderate features of Australiana grade flooring. This grade offers a minimal level of natural features best suited to a modern style.|
|Australiana Grade is carefully graded to include the most interesting and moderate natural features to enhance the look of a timber floor.|
|Natural Grade is Boral Timber’s rustic grade displaying a high level of natural features. This grade offers a unique, aged look with extenuated natural features and is well suited to both commercial interiors and traditional decors.|
Boral Timber products are AFS Chain of Custody certified to (AS4707-2006). This provides peace of mind that Boral’s timber products are sourced from sustainably managed and legal forestry. The certification is linked to the largest forest management certification scheme in the world and is the only forest management certification scheme with an Australian Standard (4708-2007).